Pottery - Oil burner
Join us for a pottery masterclass run by local potter Tom Butcher.
During this 2.5 hour session, Tom will teach you how to make your own oil burner. You will create a one-off stoneware piece, using coiling and pinching techniques and decorative incisions-and cut outs, to allow air in and let light out. A design that will be unique to you, heated by tea light to diffuse the aromas of essential oils and awaken the senses.
Beginners welcome! Previous experience is not necessary, but if you have used these construction methods before you may be able to create more challenging forms.
**Please note final pieces will be fired in the potter’s studio, ready for collection from Understory in January**
Date: 16th December 2021
Price includes materials, tuition and refreshments. Herbal teas and cans of water will be available during the session. You're welcome to bring your own refreshments too!
These are the Covid measures we currently have in place:
- Hand washing facilities are available
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available
- Please wear your face covering when you enter and when moving about the space. However, wearing a face covering during the instructed session will be voluntary.
- All attendees will be supplied with their own set of sanitised tools and equipment.
- It is a large and spacious space, and we are restricting class sizes to allow for adequate distancing.
- Please contact us if you develop symptoms or have a positive test before the session or in the days following the session.
Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns.